Search This Blog

January 13, 2010

My latest mix: HEAVY SOUL VOL. V (The Geechy Jiggy Mix)

http://dazdillinja.podomatic.com/



1. Roberta Flack – Gone Away
2. Willie Hutch – I Choose You
3. Lonnie Liston Smith – Garden Of Peace
4. The Menahan Street Band – Make The Road By Walking
5. Charles Wright and The Watts 103rd Street Band – Express Yourself (Part Two)
6. The Ohio Players – The Funky Worm
7. Foster Sylvers – Misdemeanor
8. Al Green – You Ought To Be With Me
9. Willie Hutch – Tell Me Why Our Love Has Turned Cold
10. Curtis Mayfield – We Must Be In Love
11. The Believers – Mr. Hot Pants aka Across The Tracks
12. Lowell Fulson – Tramp
13. Dyke and the Blazers – Let A Woman Be A Woman & A Man Be A Man
14. Fred Wesley & The J.B.’s – Blow Your Head
15. The Vibrettes – Humpty Dump
16. Larry Young’s Fuel – Turn Off The Lights
17. Herb Alpert – Rise
18. John Holt – I Will
19. Fred Wesley and the Horny Horns – Four Play
20. Patrice Rushen – Where There Is Love

Recorded and mixed live by dj dAz for Umoja Hi Fi music. With this mix I wanted to do a strictly thug jiggy ghetto vibe dedicated to some famous samples used more often in gangsta rap than in classic hip hop. I’m not sure if I achieved what I was going for but the chunes are still pimp like an 8 track player in a 1970’s Cadillac Eldorado

No comments:

Post a Comment