Search This Blog

December 30, 2009

J Rocc and Cokni O'Dire at Beatjunkies Radio

Got the opportunity yesterday to roll through with my man Cokni O'Dire who was doing a session with DJ J Rocc (Beatjunkies/Stones Throw) on Beatjunkies Radio. An internet radio show that streams live online. Me, Cokni, and J Rocc go way back as both DJ's who worked together at clubs in the early days of the L.A. hip hop music scene and as peers who have continuously dropped knowledge of reggae, rare groove, and soul breaks on each other. J had asked if I brought records to mix, but for the day I was just there to represent. Here's some photo's I took.

Getting started


Inspiration




Goin' live on Beatjunkie Radio


Also streaming on Beatminerz Radio


Music


Cokni O'Dire pon de mic


J Rocc'n the 7's








Also, if you didn't know, this is called the show


1 comment:

  1. What's up Daz?! Love your mixes. I had a few of coveted Daz mixes stolen back in the era of CDs, and can't find them anywhere... checked itunes, amoeba, friends' music libraries. Where can I find your work? Are your vaults accessible?

    facebook.com/chrissiecastro

    ReplyDelete