Search This Blog

December 21, 2009

Diggin' @ the L.A. Beat Swap Meet 12/20/09

Sold some records yesterday at the L.A. Beat Swap Meet. A quarter yearly gathering dedicated to the never dying music format, the vinyl record! Didn't do too well this time 'slanging wax' most likely due to the economy and it's close proximity to Christmas but the camaraderie between collectors, deejays, and music fanatics definitely made it worth my while. I managed to take a look around while my girlfriend manned the stall, and found some enjoyment in a vendor that had cassette tapes for sale. There was food, clothing, and a whole heap of vinyl for sale. Not that I need anymore records filling up my house, but I did buy a clean copy of Bob Marley & The Wailer's "Uprising" LP for $5 from a guy who looked like he's been collecting and selling vinyl since the late 70's. There were live performances and DJ's both upstairs and downstairs at the Grand Star Jazz Club in Chinatown.

Here's some photo's from the event.

The legendary MC Percee P performing Live:


DJ Stan of the Soul Children playing original breaks:


For sale:


Me diggin'

No comments:

Post a Comment